Reduce, Refill, Recycle
Everyone is becoming more and more aware of the impact they have on the environment these days. Blue boxes are seen on curbs across the country, along with green boxes in many cases. Canada continues to embrace recycling, with an amazing 65% increase in household recycling from 2000 to 2007 .
Recycling is great, but Reusing is better. At Island Ink-Jet we believe in refilling and reusing cartridges whenever possible, before sending them for recycling and replacing them with a new one. Reusing an inkjet cartridge can save the energy and materials used in recycling it, decreasing the overall environmental impact of printing.
Some Environmental Facts
- Every year over 60
million inkjet cartridges are sold across Canada, over 700 million across North America
- If you put all of the inkjet cartridges sold in Canada
end to end, you'd have a line of them over 3,800
kilometers long - that's further across than the
- Of these, it's estimated that only about 5% are ever recycled
- Mail-in cartridge refill programs waste gas, energy and other resources sending your cartridge across the country and back for a refill - Island Ink-Jet refills on the spot!
- It takes around 74ml of oil to produce a single inkjet
cartridge (that's 2.5 ounces)
- That means it takes over 4,440,000 liters of oil to keep Canada in inkjet cartridges every year!
- At Island Ink-Jet, we've been helping customers reuse inkjet cartridges since 1999 - way before Al Gore suggested it!
- Unlike most blue-box programs, you can SAVE money by making the environmental choice with Island Ink-Jet.
- Island Ink-Jet will pick up empty toners for recycling when you're finished with them, making recycling for businesses super simple!