Two Ways to Deal with Annoying Ink Level Warnings on an Epson Printer
Have you ever got your Epson cartridge refilled for your Epson printer, but the annoying warning indicator persists telling you that your Epson cartridge is still empty?
The main reason is that every Epson cartridge comes with a chip and even after a successful refill it still registers the cartridge as empty. To stop the warnings you can simply click “OK” every time you need to print, but to get rid of the annoying message once and for all you’ll need to deactivate the ink level monitor.
Here are five steps you can take to stop ink level warnings in your Epson printer:
1) Click on the “Start” button on the lower left hand corner of your computer screen and choose the “Control Panel” option to the right. Note: In Windows 7 simply choose the “Devices and Printers” option right below Control Panel.
2) For previous versions choose the “Printers and Faxes” option from the Control Panel and choose your Epson Printer that you need to disable the ink level warnings for.
3) Right click or find the “Printer Preferences” option for your Epson printer.
4) Choose the “Speed & Progress” option from the preferences menu and check the box where it says “Disable Epson Status Monitor”. You’ll now see a check mark displayed to confirm that your option to stop ink level warnings is now selected.
5) Click on “OK” to close the box and “OK” again in the “Printing Preferences” box.
Another way to reset or stop ink level warnings on your Epson printer is to actually buy a reset device for the Epson ink cartridge you’re using. You might also be able to use what is called a “universal resetter” that works on Hp, Canon, Epson printers and more.
Here are three easy ways to reset your Epson ink cartridge before you place it in your Epson printer:
1) Once you buy the chip resetting device, place it on a flat surface with the flat side down and the jagged area facing up and easily reachable.
2) Line the Epson cartridge with the jagged portion of the chip resetter. Firmly push the Epson cartridge into the resetting device (make sure the metal tabs on the cartridge line up with the tabs on the chip resetting device). As you make contact, a red light will turn on.
3) Steadily hold the cartridge in the device until the red light turns green. Now you can remove the Epson cartridge from the device and it is ready to use in your printer!
To get your Epson ink cartridges refilled from a reliable vendor you can trust, or to buy Epson ink cartridges online at excellent prices, visit Island Ink-Jet and Laser Toners on the web.