Island Ink-Jet Encourages Toner Cartridge Recycling
Island Ink-Jet and Laser Toners, a leading company in the ink and toner industry having manufactured millions of ink and toner cartridges for happy return customers provides the best OEM, compatible and remanufactured ink and toner cartridges money can buy.
Island Ink-Jet is a company that takes sustainability seriously. In its commitment to saving the planet they offer a toner cartridge recycling program that involves picking up empty toners for recycling when you’re finished with them. This makes it super-simple for businesses like yours to recycle.
Why should you get involved with toner cartridge recycling?
Here are some recent statistics according to Market Watch:
Each toner cartridge contains 3 pounds of manufactured material and uses 3 quarts of oil to produce. They are composed mainly of plastic and metal, resources which incur a considerable environmental impact as they are mined, processed, and discarded in landfills, where the plastic components will take at least 1000 year to degrade. Most toner cartridges can be recycled up to 4 times, saving 9 pounds of virgin resources compared to manufacturing new, and conserving 12 quarts of oil.
Toner cartridge recycling is not a choice anymore; it is a necessity for businesses to realize their corporate responsibility and recycle. And that’s not all. By recycling and investing in remanufactured toner cartridges you save at least 30-50% OFF branded cartridge pricing.
What’s better than ink and toner cartridge recycling?
At Island Ink-Jet we believe in refilling and reusing cartridges whenever possible, before sending them for recycling and replacing them with new ones. Reusing an inkjet cartridge can save the energy and materials used in recycling it, decreasing the overall environmental impact of printing.
This means that when you get an ink cartridge refilled, you’re reducing your carbon footprint. On average you can refill your ink cartridge 3-4 times before you need to invest in a new one.
Still not convinced that you should recycle and reuse your ink and toner cartridges?
Here are some eye-opening facts that are sure to convince you that ink and toner cartridge recycling is the way to go:
- Every year over 60 million inkjet cartridges are sold across Canada, over 700 million across North America
- If you put all of the inkjet cartridges sold in Canada end to end, you’d have a line of them over 3,800 kilometers long – that’s further across than the moon!
- Of these, it’s estimated that only about 5% are ever recycled
- Mail-in cartridge refill programs waste gas, energy and other resources sending your cartridge across the country and back for a refill – Island Ink-Jet refills on the spot!
- It takes around 74ml of oil to produce a single inkjet cartridge (that’s 2.5 ounces)
- That means it takes over 4,440,000 liters of oil to keep Canada in inkjet cartridges every year!
- At Island Ink-Jet, we’ve been helping customers reuse inkjet cartridges since 1999 – way before Al Gore suggested it!
- Unlike most blue-box programs, you can SAVE money by making the environmental choice with Island Ink-Jet.
Contact Island Ink-Jet to find out more about how we can help your company engage in ink and toner cartridge recycling. Call us at 877-446-5538 today!